Personal Assistant Programme
Which course are you interested in?
Personal Assistant Short Course
Personal Assistant Proficiency Certificate
Personal Assistant Career Prospects
Choosing a career as a Personal Assistant (PA) can prove to be a very rewarding choice. Personal Assistants are considered to be the “right hand” of many high powered executives and business owners. They make sure that their employers are able to go about their daily business in the most efficient way possible.
As a personal assistant, your day to day responsibilities may vary depending on how you work for. Usually your duties will include:
- Checking and responding to employer’s email
- Screening phone calls and taking messages
- Booking appointments and managing employer’s diary
- Typing reports and correspondences
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Attending meetings as the employer’s representative
- Supervising office staff
- Organising conferences, company meetings etc.
- Organising team-building programmes
- Arranging catering for meetings
- Organising corporate gifting and incentives etc.
What makes a good P.A?
The nature of this career requires you to handle a large amount of confidential information. You also need to be incredibly organised and have the ability to work under pressure. Flexibility is a key characteristic of a good PA. Everything doesn’t always go according to plan, so you will need to be able to adapt quickly as needed.
You need to be self-motivated and confident. A key part of success is being a strong verbal and written communicator. Without this skill, you won’t be able to convey information effectively between your important individuals.
Fortunately, the courses offered at ember academy cover a large amount of knowledge needed to succeed as a PA. If you would like more information about the programme, or wish to consider studying with us, simply contact us or complete the form on this page to request a call back, and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Let us call you back
Not what you're looking for?
Try using the search bar below.