Educare is a post-matric course. This means that you cannot start the Educare programme if you do not have a matric certificate (NSC).
Doing An Adult Matric Course
If you do not have a matric certificate but need one to further your studies, you can get a matric certificate by completing an Adult Matric course. This course can be done if you did not write matric or if you wrote matric without meeting the pass level requirements. You can also look into matric rewrites or matric upgrades.
The Credentials Of Adult Matric
Course name: Amended Senior Certificate
Programme Type: National Qualification
Award Type: Senior Certificate
Accreditation body: Umalusi
NQF level: 04
Course duration: recommended: 12-24 months (can also be completed in 36 months)
SAQA ID Number: 49647
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) has registered Bellview Institute of Distance Learning for the QCTO. Bellview is an independent educational body. This means that the Adult Matric programme they offer does not need an accreditation process.
What Are The Necessary Qualifications For An Adult Matric Course?
If you have the following, you will be eligible for an Adult Matric course:
- An incomplete matric status (showing that you have not written matric or that you did not pass)
- A grade 9 (NQF 1) or an equivalent certificate
You are allowed to study an Adult Matric course once you are 19. You must, however, be 21 or older by the time of your final examinations.
Educare At Bellview
The Educare programme provided by Bellview consists of:
- Educare: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF level 6)
The first three certificate courses (N4, N5, N6) consist of theoretical studies. The final course is a Diploma course which involves doing 18 months of practical work experience.
What Do I Need To Start My Educare Journey?
You will need a National Senior Certificate (NSC) if you want to start the Educare: NATED N4 National Certificate course.
It is important to note that the minimum requirement with all NATED course is that you will need to have completed your matric.
After completing your first course, you can use it to meet the entry requirements for the next course. Each Educare course that follows will require you to have completed the previous course in the list.
Alternatively, you can have a look at no-matric courses offered by Bellview. These courses can be completed even if you did not have a matric.
You cannot study an Educare course with a Matric Equivalent qualification, but if you are looking to study other courses, you can have a look at these.
Completing A Course With Bellview
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning provides students with a wide range of benefits:
- Create a personal schedule: Distance Learning does not have a need for class attendance. You will only be required to submit assignments on time and prepare for your examination. This allows you to choose when you want to study and allows for flexibility in your schedule
- No physical classes: Since there are no physical classes involved in Distance Learning, you can study wherever you want to
- Work and complete your studies: With Distance Learning, you will have the time to work while completing your studies in your free time. This allows you to still get an income which can even help pay for these studies. You can also further your education while gaining practical work experience
- Save money on studies: Since there are no physical classes involved in Distance Learning, you can expect to save money on costs for facilities or extra transportation. This makes Distance Learning generally cheaper than traditional learning
- Multiple support systems: Bellview makes sure that students get all the necessary assistance during their studies. They have course specialists that will help you to choose the right course. If you have any queries, their staff will assist you by replying within 48 hours. The Together We Pass platform will also be made available for student interaction
- Easy and quick results: Students only have to wait 48 hours after assignments have been submitted to get their results and assignment feedback
- Study material deliveries: You do not need to stress about getting your course materials when you study with Bellview. They make sure that all of the necessary materials are delivered directly to your doorstep within 5 to 7 working days. Note that students who do not live in the major cities may have a short delay in deliveries
- Applications: Bellview has also made it easy to apply for their courses. You can reach them for application by:
- Contacting course specialists: https://bellview.edu.za/meet-your-course-specialists/
- Calling them on their landline (0800 39 00 27)
- Filling in the online application form
Where else can I study without:
- TWP Academy Programmes List
- Learning Group
- Matric College
What to do After Matric?
When you have finished your matric there are many accredited courses that you could study. Read more about What to Study After Matric here
Learn about options like NATED Courses. These are designed to teach students the expertise they will need in the field that are studying towards
NATED Course List
Educare Courses-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Management assistant Course-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Human Resource Management Course-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Financial Management Course-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Business Management Course-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Marketing Management Courses-N4 certificate- N5 certificate-N6 certificate- N6 diploma
Author: Karla Nortier
Editor: Megan Dreyer
Date Published: November 26, 2021